Flashlight temptation

Page 12 of 16  


He incorrectly thought it was possible to teach you something.
--
Intercourse prevents divorce.

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 5/13/2016 3:47 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

So, you believe he's a teacher who's qualified to instruct people on this newsgroup on how they should believe?
--
Maggie

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

What we're all interested in is how in the 21st century people can still be as stupid and gullible as you.

Thanks for admitting your argument has no substance. Everything you're saying is based on one book? Oh dear.

He asked you to read a different book. Is that too difficult for you?
--
Q: What do you call the space between Pamela Anderson's breasts?
A: Silicon Valley.
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 5/13/2016 3:07 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

IMO, stupidity involves just believing what other people tell you to believe.

Well, it's a book that's been accepted for quite a long time by millions of people, so I'd say it's a good choice if I'm going to reference any book at all.

He passive aggressively tried to goad me into doing something because he thought it would sway me to agree with him, and implied if I didn't do it that I was in some way stupid or lazy or unwilling to learn.
--
Maggie

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Which is precisely what religious folk do, they believe the bible and their parents' religious beliefs.

Millions of gullible folk copying everyone else. The bible wouldn't stand up in court, it has no actual evidence.

What a stupid expression. Is he passive or aggressive?

Your'e reading too much into it.
--
Tip: Don't substitute salt for sugar in recipes.
It tastes like shit.
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 5/13/2016 4:38 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

How do you explain full grown adults who can choose freely what they believe and still choose to believe God exists?

Look up "passive aggressive".
--
Maggie

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/evolution/10506006/The-Selfish-Gene-is-losing-friends.html
for a very inclusive rebuttal of your "truth". The basis of the rebuttal is quite extensive, and widely held among the scientific community at large.
http://www.science20.com/gadfly/selfish_gene_theory_its_time_ditch_mantra for more rather damning rebuttal.
or https://www.theguardian.com/science/2012/jun/24/battle-of-the-professors
or https://www.bestthinking.com/thinkers/science/social_sciences/sociology/mike-sutton?tab=blog&blogpostid 445
And that is just a very SMALL sampling.
The very telling part of all this is NONE of the rebuttal is coming from outside the "established, recognized scientific community" and from what I have read - none from a "religious" angle.
The science just isn't there. He is a "fake"
So let's see some more of your "truth" AND LETS SEE HOW IT STANDS UP TO SCIENTIFIC SCRUTINY"
Bring it on
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

http://humanorigins.si.edu/education/introduction-human-evolution
--
Bod

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 5/13/2016 12:23 PM, Bud Frede wrote:

Didn't take time for that one to go around and come around. Didn't I hear those words earlier today? I guess life gets even with even the kindest of people.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

What the fuck are you wittering on about now?
--
When a clock is hungry, it goes back four seconds.

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Typical religious nut, twisting things to suit reality.
--
In the UK, 17% of employees are health and safety officers.
Say NO! to health and safety in the workplace, before there are no real workers left!
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

Niether of your "idols" have ever successfully debated a christion theologan or creation scientist.
They have no facts to fall back on.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca writes:

Idols? No, I don't worship anything, you have me confused with Maggie.
I actually _have_ seen Dawkins and Hitchens debate theologians and "creation scientists" (what an oxymoron). It was hysterical. The Godly got trounced, and in some cases weren't even aware of it.
Hitchens and Dawkins are so far above your intellectual level that I'm not surprised that you completely misunderstood or misinterpreted what they said. Morlocks to your Eloi.

I don't think that you would recognize them as such if they were tattooed on your forehead.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

Please provide dates and locations of these debates and who theyn debated with, as well as the rationale you use to determine who won.

Is it surprising That I misunderstand what they say, when THEY don't understand???

Can you provide ONE shred of evidence that they are correct? One "real" FACT? I'll accept the word of an agnostic expert in whatever scientific discipline you believe those two to be expert in. It doesn't have to be the word of one I'd "theologically" agree with.
Explain ONE truth that can be proven that goes against the basic tenants of Christianity ( and you better be able to explain what those "wrong" tenaents of Christianity are) - and let's make it a bit more difficult. "there is no God" has not been proven, nor can it be - so let's not start with that one. OK?
Fair enough? You bring it on.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

c

o were

ry

ally.

e/health_effects/

Bod, how many years have you smoked? Would you say you were less well than anyone else?
-- All the American flags on the moon have been bleached by radiation from the sun (which can only be a good thing).
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 15/05/2016 16:20, Mr Macaw wrote:

53 years and fitter than most people of my age who don't smoke. My brother never smoked in his life and died aged 59. I'm coming up to 68.
--
Bod

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

y>

om>

xic

who were

tory

oke/health_effects/

l

68.
My point exactly. I hear all this bollocks about this food is bad for you, don't do this, etc, etc. It has no basis in the real world.
-- "Inflation is creeping up," a young man said to his friend, "Yesterday I ordered a $25.00 steak in a restaurant and told them to put it on my American Express card -- and it fit."
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 5/15/2016 12:12 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

It does for some situations and for some people. None of it is 100% of course.
I never gave up butter or eggs, but gave up smoking 45 years ago. I don't see any sensible reason to smoke.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

When my Dad's former business partner and his wife sat down and figured out how much they had spent on cigarettes (she 2 packs a day, him down from 1 1/2 to 1) over their married life to thar point (about 25 yeares) and realized they could have their mortgage paid off and be driving a new car every 2 years they both quit cold turkey..
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 16/05/2016 04:57, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

My brother saved hard all his life and just when he was about to retire to enjoy his wealth he died. He never ever smoked and he was very fit.
--
Bod

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Site Timeline

Related Threads

    HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.