fist-sized hole repair

Hi All,
I've got some fist-size holes in patterned sheetrock. Anyone ever come up with a better solution than re-skinning the walls?
Got a few repairs to do:
http://s345.photobucket.com/user/userx86/library/Justin%20Allen%20Sanders? sort=3&page=1
On Fri, 21 Mar 2014 18:09:42 -0700, Oren wrote:

It is a fairly nice older 14x80 mobile home. Those walls are sheetrock with a factory applied design. It has a texture like a dollar bill.
The link in the first post tells the story with photos: Problem tenant evicted and the condition of the mobile home after retaking possession.
On Fri, 21 Mar 2014 18:29:22 -0700, Oren wrote:

Great link. Thanks!
On 3/21/2014 8:48 PM, JohnK wrote:

You may be able to find a mobile home manufacturer for replacement sheets, more so, to match the texture. Also, with many holes, sometimes it's best to cut a section and install a new sheet the same size, then all you need to do is mud the seam.
After doing the patch work, thin down (with water) some dry wall mud and use a rough patterned paint roller to the entire wall and you get a nice texture. that is what I do. Then repaint. WW
"JohnK" wrote in message
Hi All,
I've got some fist-size holes in patterned sheetrock. Anyone ever come up with a better solution than re-skinning the walls?
Got a few repairs to do:
http://s345.photobucket.com/user/userx86/library/Justin%20Allen%20Sanders? sort=3&page=1

Sheetrock seems very odd in a trailer. I've seen a very thin plywood.
Greg
gregz wrote:

That's what it looks like - 1/4" vinyl covered plywood - the divider moulding is a dead giveaway
http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/productImages/400/f8/f84ce2c2-b9ea-4d85-8f35-855d12d5ca0f_400.jpg
Get a patching kit from home depot. Will take as long as it takes for the mud and paint to dry. For more information http://www.epdmcoatings.com/liquid-rubber.html