fireplace question

How does an outside air kit deliver air to the fire.I do not see any openings inside the firebox. Heatilator ec 42
Gary wrote:

It's an air kit that can be accessed by either the right or left hand side of the stove prior to installation. It has a lenghth of metal pipe that goes out the back of the stove to the outside. Your owners guide should display all of this. If you don't have one download a pdf copy.
I have an owners guide but it does not show or explain HOW the outside air physically gets to the fire

The air is pulled in with the air pressure created when the smoke is pulled up the flue. The opening for the air might be in the firebox behind the stone slates or on the side of the firebox through grate-like openings.
Gary wrote:

Through a small hole in the fire box side.