Finding model # on Delta single handle tub faucet?

Anyone know where to locate the model # on one of these? It's a 1994 vitage unit installed in a one piece shower stall and is behind a mounting plate. The unit got really slow on hot water output and is now starting to make a squealing sound, so I'm thinking maybe there's a seal that needs replacing. But without a model # I don't know which parts to get. Does my diagnosis sound correct?

Thanks so much for your input!

Reply to
scitex

You may have to remove the escutcheon plate. Delta has an excellent site:

repair help.

This may be a pressure-balance model with a stuck piston.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim