Finding model # on Delta single handle tub faucet?

Anyone know where to locate the model # on one of these? It's a 1994 vitage unit installed in a one piece shower stall and is behind a mounting plate. The unit got really slow on hot water output and is now starting to make a squealing sound, so I'm thinking maybe there's a seal that needs replacing. But without a model # I don't know which parts to get. Does my diagnosis sound correct?
Thanks so much for your input!
scitex wrote:

You may have to remove the escutcheon plate. Delta has an excellent site: http://deltacom.deltafaucet.com/wps/portal with repair help.
This may be a pressure-balance model with a stuck piston.
Jim