Fertilizer question

I got a real good deal on some fertilizer at a local hardware store about a month ago. I put in on the floor in my basement to use in the Spring. I told a friend about this the other day, and he told me to get it out of my basement ASAP because it would ruin (rust, etc.) everything in my basement. I've never heard this before and was wondering if someone could shed some light on this subject.
Thanks
On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 16:00:44 -0500, "Ted Barker"

Wrap it in plastic and make it water/air tight.
PJ
Ted Barker wrote:

Yea, it would not be good to store close to any metal you value. If it is well sealed in plastic, it should be OK.
--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
if you should have a fuel oil tank in your basement, might make sure it doesn't leak

told
basement.
On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 16:00:44 -0500, "Ted Barker"

I assume your fertilizer is a solid. Store it up off the floor, cover with plastic and keep it dry. If it gets wet and leaks, you'll have a mess.