Fertilizer question

I got a real good deal on some fertilizer at a local hardware store about a month ago. I put in on the floor in my basement to use in the Spring. I told a friend about this the other day, and he told me to get it out of my basement ASAP because it would ruin (rust, etc.) everything in my basement. I've never heard this before and was wondering if someone could shed some light on this subject.

Thanks

Reply to
Ted Barker

Wrap it in plastic and make it water/air tight.

PJ

Reply to
PJx

Yea, it would not be good to store close to any metal you value. If it is well sealed in plastic, it should be OK.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

if you should have a fuel oil tank in your basement, might make sure it doesn't leak

Reply to
bumtracks

I assume your fertilizer is a solid. Store it up off the floor, cover with plastic and keep it dry. If it gets wet and leaks, you'll have a mess.

Reply to
Phisherman