Fence/wall-relative cost

Some neighbors and I are considering whether to install concrete-block walls, chain-link fencing, or wooden fencing. For our purposes they are all pretty much interchangeable.
Are there any generally accepted rules-of-thumb about the RELATIVE costs of each, per running foot at a specified height? If wooden fencing is X dollars per foot to have installed, maybe chain-link fencing would be 1.5X, and concrete-block walls 3X? Of course here I'm asking about initial, installed cost. I would expect concrete to last maybe 3 times as long, and thus be more cost effective, but the group at this point is more focused on initial cost.
Any thoughts on the relative costs involved?
Thanks.
--
CWLee

How about welded-wire fence (about 10 cents/ft^2 or 40 cents per linear foot for a 4' tall fence) and T-posts (about $3 each) on 10' centers?
Nick

I live in the Sun belt. Wood requires maintenance yearly. Definitely not my ideal product. Chain link looks like a jail yard to me. Fence block when painted is for-ever. At least longer than I am going to be in the house, ~3-10 years. Currently where I live fence block is going for ~$30 a foot for 6 feet high. A year ago it was $24 a foot. Neighbor just had to wait a year to do the wall between us which is being finished today.