Federal Pacific breakers

Page 2 of 2
<RJ> posted for all of us... I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

-- My boss said I was dumb and apathetic. I said I don't know and I don't care...
Tekkie
On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 07:28:51 -0500, "RBM" <rbm2(remove

Why would anyone believe anything posted to a BLOG? You get more misinformation on them things than you do on these newsgroups.... If you want solid facts, read articles on ftc.gov (federal trade commission) and others that have substance.

RBM wrote:

The UL label simply means the stickered device won't cause a fire, it does not speak otherwise to the quality, durability, or fitness for purpose. You can get UL certification for a banana.

Really? Where do I send the banana? I want to do this.
rile wrote:

They were cheaply built panels and breakers designed to meet a price point (much like the "all this for $399 dell computers") so that when customers demanded a cheap price that is what was installed. They are well known for issues such as not tripping during a fault.
What rumors I'd heard: The "UL" label was not awarded to FPE during testing. FPE just slapped a UL label on after the fact, and started selling. So the problem was at the beginning. I changed mine out long ago during an upgrade, and have a bunch of FPE breakers sitting in a box in the shop. They're for sale! Tom