Exterior drains clogged

Hi:

LA is having some major rains and my backyard drains got clogged with tons of mud. Since this is my first house with drains, I'm not sure how to avoid this problem in the future. These are not french drains, there just small 6 x 6 square drain covers with a 3 or 4 inch pipe.

HELP!!!

Thanks

Reply to
SEPrince1

Where is the mud coming from? Try digging a mote around the inlet and filling it with gravel to keep mud away. Or, perhaps you should plant some ground cover to eliminate the source of the mud.

Just a thought.

I have the other style of inlet for mine. It's a cone-shaped grate that sticks above ground level. It's surrounded by a gravel filled mote. However, in a downpour the inlet gets submerged and grass clippings float over and clog it. A little stiring with a rake gets it going though, and no mud gets into the thing.

Ed

Reply to
Jag Man