is here someone around who is experienced in microwaves?
I've got a panasonic "dimension 4" with a blown 10-A-fuse. Replacing it
allowes the display to work, starting a cooking process blows the fuse
I found that the protection diode at the high-voltage-capacitor reads a
resistance of apx. 100 Ohms both directions (should be infinite due to
Is there a chance to make the microwave work again by replacing the
diode - or is the diode damaged for any other component (magnetron or
so) is gone?
Greetings - and all the best wishes for the next year
On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 15:13:35 +0100, firstname.lastname@example.org (Wolf Drechsel)
There are many, many things that can cause the fuse to blow. For one,
microwaves have redundant safeties to ensure that the magnetron can't
operate if the door isn't properly and securely latched. These
safeties often use a small relay to crowbar the power supply, blowing
the fuse. This can be caused by something as simple as a door latch
out of adjustment.
Unless it's a quite new high-end model, I doubt it will be worth the
diagnostic charge to have it looked at. Sad, but true.
It's not a protection diode,its a RECTIFIER diode,that changes the AC to DC
for the magnetron tube.
In my Sharp MW,the HV cap shorted(made a bigh POP),and I replaced the HV
cap and the rectifier diode for about $25USD.I got the parts from a local
appliance repair store.The HV cap was big expense,$18,the diode was $5.(in
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.