Extended Phone Wiring

I need to extend my phone line and have some extra CAT5e cable. Can I use this instead using the twisted pairs for line 1 and line 2, that is, green to green, white/green to red, etc.?
Mike D.

No problem. Use a twisted pair for each phone line: green & white/green for line 1; brown & white/brown for line 2, etc.
Mike Dobony wrote:

It's okay. Not interested in DECT corless phone tho?

Will not work for DSL and already have a multitude of corded phones. I am moving my computer to another room.

You can use any wires for ONE line. Heck, you can use bailing wire and coat hangars. (Some folks do.)
Do it right. You never know when a second pair will be needed. In that case, correct splicing is important:
Line old-style "quad" twisted-pair ^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^ L1 red/green blue/white L2 yellow/black orange/white L3 green/white L4 brown/white
--
:)
JR

Climb poles and dig holes