Exploding toilets

Here's the whole story which you'd have to scroll down to read:
"FLUSH, KABOOM! IN SOUTH CAROLINA
"The terror that strikes from below an exploding toilet bowl is sowing fear and fecal water all over the small, confusingly named town of North, South Carolina. The Improvised Bathroom Device lashed at the civic heart of North itself, going off in the men's bathroom inside Town Hall, reports the Times and Democrat. The stall's occupant had fortunately stepped away seconds before the eruption, which blew a third of the tank to smithereens and lodged porcelain shrapnel in a door. The culprit was a toilet engineered for heavy public use that employs a high-pressure valve and less water than normal.
"Detonating toilets have become a recent scourge in the American bathroom scene. Although the brand of North's rogue crapper is unknown, earlier this summer Flushmate issued a massive voluntary recall of pressurized toilets after about 300 people complained of explosions. One poor victim of such a buttock-shaking barrage said that 'I required dozens of stitches for an extremely deep wound,' although being 'a bigger person, I was able to absorb the brunt of the force.' "
With pic of exploded toilet (minus shrapnel in victim's body): http://www.theatlanticcities.com/neighborhoods/2012/10/south-carolina-town-terrorized-exploding-toilets/3606/

I realize that the picture at that site is not a picture of the Town Hall toilet that "sowed fear and fecal water all over the small, confusingly named town of North, South Carolina" but I have to ask...
If it's the tank - not the bowl - that is exploding, how is "fecal water" being sowed?
Methinks the author embellished the facts somewhat.

I've had two of these flushmate toilets in my house for about 10 years now. I really love them. I got the recall kit, which is basically a pressure regulator that attaches to the inlet water line, and a metal strap that wraps around the intertal tank. The toilets are a little loud when it flushes, but it definitely works well for a 1.6 gallon flush.
I agree with DerbyDad03 about the "fecal water". The part that is bursting is a plastic cylinder inside the water storage tank above the toilet bowl. That part bursts because of the excessive pressure, which can break the ceramic tank. It wouldn't affect the toilet bowl, so fecal water would be undisturbed.
Robin
On Thu, 18 Oct 2012 06:28:30 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

The number 1 cause of exploding toilets is not the toilet itself, but rather the user. All it takes is some big fat asshole with excessive flatulance. This asshole blows a huge fart, while lighting a cigarette, and KABOOM!!!!
Now that will surely spread fecal matter all over the place!!!!

and the fat ass wouldn't seal the bowl?
In typed:

http://www.theatlanticcities.com/neighborhoods/2012/10/south-carolina-town-terrorized-exploding-toilets/3606 /
Do you believe everythng you read?
Twayne wrote:

Well, it IS on the internet! And there's art.