experience with white rogers thermostats

I want to install a programmable thermostat and did some poking around on the net to determine which one to get. I liked the feature set of the White Rogers Comfort Set 90 models and called up a heating contractor to talk about installation. He told me that WR models aren't reliable. Has anyone had this experience?
Somewhere on the net (maybe in this newsgroup) I saw someone say WR thermostats are the best. So I don't quite know what to believe. I thought maybe the contractor (who has an arrangement with Trane) was just pushing their product but he sounded sincere about it so I'm not sure.
Any opinions out there?
Thanks,
Rick

The NEW ones suck ass. We thought they were doing good, and then started getting odd calls on the displays, and the things kept reading ER, or error on the display. So far, we have replaced about 30 of them with Honeywells, and have not had a single failure.
I might have been one of the ones that used to sing Robertshaws praise, but no longer....not till they get it right..again.
Trane, BTW, uses a rebadged Honeywell...just like we do with our York stuff..

When did they start to be bad. I have one about 3 years old.
On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 19:34:49 -0500, "CBhvac"

Thats a hard call....in my experence, you will be ok. Honestly, the majority of the problems have started in the last 12 months.
I got ANOTHER call from a GC today that we just installed a unit in, (he called about an hour ago on the Nextel..damn Direct Connect..LOL) and hes got a brand new house we finished up about 3 weeks ago that is ready for open house Sunday....and sure enough, its reading ER and the temps about 80 in the place and its set to 68F.....so....its gonna have a Honeywell on it in the morning.
I am not happy at all with Robertshaw. After tomorrows change out, I figure I have about 15 to take back..
message

Too add to CB's post, were were having a real problem with the terminals touching the batteries. You put the cover on and the display would slowly go out. Had to bend the things and do all this other crap, a real PAIN. But lately I havent experienced what CB is speaking of, but of course I'm lucky to put 10 a year in, not like his hundreds, so I would side with CB due to more experience.
Thanks for your response. I'm a little confused though because you mention RobertShaw. I'm asking about the White Rogers Comfort Set 90 series, model 1f95-371. RobertShaw is the same as Invensys but different from White Rogers.
Was your bad experience with White Rogers?
Thanks,
Rick
message

I have one, it was installed when I had a new H/P furnace combo installed.
It has allot of features, remote sensors, change filter, run program from the phone, compressor run time, the sensors need additional wiring, the phone deals needs a radio shack adapter.
It took awhile to figure all of it out, I think it will be ok.
What do they sell for ?
Tom .