Expensive capacitor

Page 2 of 4

Not necessarily.
http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe 02953
I still have a brand new OEM pot, the heavy-duty brass/ball-bearing version. It was sent to me, free of charge, from a large electronics parts house. It was pretty much, "Yeah, we got tons of 'em. Here's one for free." I don't recall if they required a min purchase, as I'd already repaired the mass spectrometer with the cheapo pot.
nb

food mix, but think I just use only Devils food mix as I like chocolate cake best.
On 7/25/2015 11:27 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

Goodness, gracious. I've got to raise my prices, if people really pay this. Thanks for the head up.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

This is in the middle of North Carolina where the average working mans pay might be form $ 10 to $ 20 per hour.
When I called for service, the woman on the phone told me it was $ 89 to come out and check the problem. Any actual repairs would be extra. Most older men like me are not going to argue too much about the price of things if it will keep their wife happy.
From some of you other postings it seems like you have not been charging the going rate in many areas. I remember when you could get a doctor to come to the house for a couple of dollars (which would be about half of a days pay back then. Now I doubt any average person could get a doctor the the house.

I had to tell customers to >turn >off the AC system when the grass was being cut to keep the dirt and grass from being sucked into the >condensing unit. Most people are smart enough to understand the concept once you explain it and the reason >for it. ^_^
Good hint on turning off the unit while mowing. I don't think I have to worry much about that where my unit is. It is under a deck where the grass does not grow even though the deck is about 8 feet off the ground. From the ends it is about 10 to 15 feet each way and about 6 or 8 feet from the grass on the other side.
On Sun, 26 Jul 2015 12:34:21 -0400, "Ralph Mowery"

inches off the ground. Now it doesnt suck in grass clippings and leaes any more
On 7/26/2015 6:00 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Maybe less, but probably not zero debris.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

all -the coils/fins are still perfectly clear.
On 7/26/2015 8:09 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

I service refrigeration equipment. This week, I was in a store with a cooler that didn't work properly and by eye, the coils / fins were still perfectly clear. I was amazed how much debris and dust came out when I cleaned it.
Appearances are deceiving.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

On 7/27/2015 1:58 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Are you talking about air cooled condenser? With fan forced air flow?
If the answer is yes, then it's attracting dust. Even without the fan, it gets dusty.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

gets washed. When it was at ground level it got dirty from the rain and sucked in leaves and grass. 9 inches above ground it is not attracting much if any dirt. Likely helps that the breeze blowing around the corner of the house blows anything out that gets in and doesn't wash out.
On 7/26/2015 8:02 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

OK confess. How much to fix an AC window unit that quits running after about being on for 15 minutes?
--
Maggie

On 7/26/2015 11:07 AM, Muggles wrote:

Not done one in years, but about $75. Problem is, you can get a new one for about that same money.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 7/26/2015 5:33 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

... but then you have to figure out what the heck to do with the previous window unit.
--
Maggie

Scrap metal place and get a dollar or two for it.
On 7/26/2015 5:39 PM, Muggles wrote:

[snip]

Park it at the end of the driveway or in front of the house with a sign
"For Sale - Works! $25/OBO"
It will be gone in 24 hours.
If it isn't, put it out the day BEFORE regular trash pickup. Scrappers will be by beforehand and take it way for scrap.

huh .. people really do that sort of thing? hmmm Can't hurt to try, I guess. Thanks for the idea.
--
Maggie

On Sunday, July 26, 2015 at 6:11:00 PM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:

...only the scrappers will release the refrigerant and if you take it to a recycling center, they will recover it. And it with cost you 10 or $20.
On 7/26/2015 6:18 PM, bob_villa wrote:

OK I plan on trying to clean it from the outside first, but haven't gotten to Lowes yet to buy the spray AC cleaner someone else mentioned here.
--
Maggie