Expanding garden hose -- to be avoided

Page 1 of 2
High failure rate.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgQQJMh9oGQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bnzm5yQ5CNM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JocGY8Vkntc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q37u7n4wToY

"pocket hose" and other brands of expanding garden hose have a high failure rate.
Might explode, and delay your home repair.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Friday, October 25, 2013 6:41:01 AM UTC-7, Stormin Mormon wrote:

What's the water pressure in China?

I've totally no clue. Less than here, likely.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

I think "explode" is a stretch but I also think we all knew this was going to be a piece of crap.
On 10/25/2013 9:41 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

To me, it was obvious from the get go that these things would be crap. Have they shown up in the Dollar store yet?
On 10/25/2013 12:25 PM, Frank wrote:

No, but I have seen CFL light bulbs.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 10/25/2013 08:41 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

What if you put a pressure reducer before it? That claims to limit pressue to 40-50 PSI.
--
61 days until The winter celebration (Wed 25 Dec, 2013 12:00:00 AM for 1
day).

I'm not surprised. I thought they were made of spam, and spam isn't very strong.
On 10/25/2013 4:22 PM, Don Wiss wrote:

"as seen on TV!" some how doesn't equate to "good quality".
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Could be but it makes up for it in volume.
On Fri, 25 Oct 2013 09:41:01 -0400, Stormin Mormon

I suspect they were never intended to be fully pressurized.

Which of the tasks in this video do you typically do with less than full pressure?
Washing the muddy jeep? Rinsing off the concrete patio? Watering the landscaping?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ-xlag2xjI&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DrQ-xlag2xjI

On Sun, 27 Oct 2013 01:53:50 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03

What I meant was they never intended for you to have the outlet end of the hose completely shut off thereby building up full mains pressure for the entire length of the hose. When you have a nozzle on the end of a hose you don't have mains pressure in the hose, you have substantially less, probably rarely more then 30 psi, not the likely 60+ psi you get with it shut off. I don't doubt that it's overall a crappy hose that's not going to last long, just saying it wasn't intended to be subjected to that kind of pressure, particularly without the outer sheath on it.

What do you do with a hose that can never be shut off?
On Sat, 26 Oct 2013 22:16:41 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

You turn it off at the faucet valve.

Never put a sprayer on it? That's about as useful as a typical Democrat.
On Sun, 27 Oct 2013 20:44:38 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

For a real weak hose that may be your only option, yes.

Idiot. You still don't get the difference between design and junk.
On 10/27/2013 9:26 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:

With no nozzle and no back pressure... no expanding either.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 10/28/2013 7:15 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

What would happen if you showed the expanding hose nekid pictures of girl hoses? o_O
TDD