Exemplary Service Received

Yesterday I called the company which made my workshop air cleaner:
http://jdstools.com/air-tech750-er.aspx
When I moved down to the beach, I lost the remote that came with the cleaner. Since I have my cleaner hanging from a 12 foot ceiling in my workshop, climbing up and down on a ladder to turn it on and off wasn't an attractive situation. I needed another remote.
I've had this cleaner for a good 5 years so it's not like I could claim the remote was defective. Besides, it wasn't defective. It was just lost.
So I called them early yesterday afternoon to inquire how I could get a replacement. "No problem", they said. And it wasn't.
I had the replacement remote in my hot little hand this morning. Less than 24 hour service is worth giving some recognition.
BTW: I hung that air cleaner from the ceiling by myself last night. What a PITA *that* was. It sure seemed easier five years ago.
Jay Topsail Beach, NC

Made in the USA or (probably not) China. It's good to know there are some companies that still give good service to their customers.
On Fri, 21 May 2010 17:38:57 -0700 (PDT), "hr(bob) snipped-for-privacy@att.net"

I had a "good service" this past Monday. Water heater tank leak. Built in 12/2004 with a 6 year warranty. For grins and giggles I returned it to HD without a receipt, but I did carry the manuals, saved "box" labels, etc.
Walked out with a new WH ($479.) with a 6 year warranty. From start to finish was less than 3 hours and I had hot water again.
On 05/21/2010 09:16 PM, Oren wrote:

FWIW as bad a rap as they sometimes get I'd thrown a lowball bid in on a nice (as nice as they get anyway) Dell laptop on eBay. Wouldn't you know, nobody else bid, but it showed up today with a SMART impending hard drive failure message (probably got roughhoused in shipping, who knows) a few minutes on Dell's web site transferring ownership and a few more chatting with a CS rep and supposedly there's a new HDD shipping to me on Monday, with the OS already preloaded. I could get used to this warranty thing :) (wish my last laptop had had one, although the previous one is 6 or 7 years old and other than having had the screen and HDD replaced is still going strong. It's just obsolete and the lo-res screen bothers me... 1080p baby!)
nate
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Yes. playing in the computer, they put the price on the receipt and then gave the credit on the spot. It was just an exchange.
It was odd the lady ask me if I wanted another WH. "Yes, I need hot water!" Then she mentioned some folks don't get another unit. ??
Some senior lady started to bring up pro-rating the unit. I told her, no because the warranty covers a tank leak for the full six years.
Here's one for folks who like to shop on eBay. I bought a refurbished steam cleaner and was unhappy with the performance (some may recall I posted some questions about it here). I ultimately decided that despite its claim to being refurbished, there was still something wrong with it. I contacted the seller by email, who promptly responded with a toll-free phone number to talk with a real person. That real person then:
1. Arranged for a no-charge UPS pickup of the unit. 2. Immediately shipped me a replacement, which I received the next day before I'd even sent back the original one. 3. Sent me a brand-new one instead of another refurbished one, just to make sure it didn't have problems again.
The seller was cleanairshopping, and it will be the first place I look whenever I need the kinds of things they sell (air cleaners, steam cleaner, vacuums).
Jay Hanig wrote the following:

Things that you have to lift, pull, or push gain weight every year.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Last year an idiot warranty repair tech broke an Ames hose reel (without telling us). I went online to see if I could find the parts. The parts were free, including shipping. Nice, for a $50 item. When I need that sort of thing again, Ames will certainly be in the running.
Another situation that didn't turn out so well, I broke the battery door (dumb design) of a Wixey blade depth gauge. They replaced it for $5, which wasn't so bad for a $60 tool. Unfortunately I couldn't get the rest of the battery door out of the gauge, so had to take it apart. They're not so easy to get back together. Gave up trying. :-( I noticed that they changed the battery holder design.