Lawn service company.

I had a healthy lawn with Bermuda turf. Last year I turned it over to a large sevice company operating throughout the US. The last treatment killed all of the Bermuda and left only the weeds to come back this year.

Anyone else had this experience?

Reply to
Mark Mitchell

First of all, I assume that by "service company", you're referring to a firm that applies chemicals, but is not involved with the "mechanical" care of the lawn, like mowing and watering. Is this assumption correct? If it *is* a correct assumption, can you describe how YOU mow and water? By that, I mean cutting height, timing, how long you water, etc. And, provide your location.

The company you used should have records of EXACTLY what chemicals they applied to your lawn. Get those records, and then consult with your state's cooperative extension office to see if the choice of chemicals was correct, as well as the timing of the applications. There is no real need for lawn chemicals, other than fertilizer, but if you're hopelessly in love with the idea, it's important to monitor what's being applied. Some of these Chem Lawn and other franchisees are not the sharpest knives in the drawer.

Reply to
Doug Kanter