Excess grout removal - stone

Hi,
I laid about 200 square feet of stone in my foyer. I grouted the stone yesterday and when I finished, the grout where I started was too dry to wipe off with water and a sponge. Also, I tried vinegar, didn't phase it. There is a substantial amount of grout on the tops of the stone, not just a haze. My drill and a wire wheel brush work, but it's very time consuming.
Is there a better way to remove this extra grout? There's nothing special about the surface of the stone. It's rough. It can take a little etching or scratching and I'm not worried about it.
Thanks, Jo Jo
Check with a tile store before the grout cures much more!

On Apr 3, 3:09 am, snipped-for-privacy@vcoms.net wrote:

Probably too late for that. But I checked anyways, and they were less than helpful at two local flooring stores, which is what I've come to expect from such stores (i.e. if you're not buying 3,000 square feet of Italian slate or hand scraped hickory at $20/square foot, they could give a shit).
But thanks for the advice anyways.