Epoxy putty vs. ABS/a progress report

Well, the last couple of days was
I glopped on ACE two element epoxy to some ABS pipe where I was having a leak, and let it set a couple of days while I went quail hunting. The weather was good, the quail cooperated and sacrificed their lives to the Great White Hunter. Starry clear nights on the Nevada/California border west of Searchlight.
I pressurized the solar heater system this morning with the questionable ABS connection.
So far, so good. It has been running all day, and no leak. That doesn't mean that it won't start leaking tomorrow, though. It looks like we hopefully are finished with freezing night time temperatures, having about ten degrees above normal temps.
Anyhoo, the two part epoxy is holding on ABS.
Doesn't someone owe me a quail, and where can I pick it up?
Steve
<snip>

Next time you're in Lady Lake, Florida, stop by and I'll have it waiting for you.
I hope it continues to hold for you.

They got quail in Florida?
BobWhites, I guess.
We have Gambel's.
I really don't anticipate it lasting very long. But, I will watch it, and where it leaks, it is noticeable about three minutes after it starts. I think next time/leak, I will use some of the JB Fast Weld.
We'll see. This one may hold longer than me.
Steve
If possible, winding string or wire in the epoxy will often strengthen it and hold it in place if you have to do it over. Don Young

Well, thanks. Now you tell me!
I was considering taking some wire screening (light stuff like is in windows and wrapping it. We'll see how this goes. If it doesn't stick, I figure it will be about an hour's worth of experience with my new Foredom 2276 to grind off the old epoxy and do it again. So far today, it's holding. Will see how day two goes, and for future repairs, I think I'll use mesh and JP Fast Weld.
Steve

Not sure about quail in Florida. My "hunting" is limited to large mouth bass.
Let me know in advance when you'll be in the area and I'll order from:
http://www.pheasant.com/store/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct
Good luck....

Thanks for the offer. I used to fish a lot when I lived in Louisiana. Out in the Atchafalaya Swamp. Great largemouth bass, crappie, bream, and catfishing.
Here in the desert, I mostly go north and trout fish.
Steve
the google search might be "marine epoxy abs" which brings up such items as:
http://anchortite.supergluecorp.com/15206.html
and goop at: http://www.tapplastics.com/shop/product.php?pid 8