epoxy bonding or weld?

Have browsed the group's posts looking for a solution to a railing problem, but need some clarification and advise.
An iron stair rail on the back porch of a house we own has come loose. There appears to be a steel plate anchored into the concrete of the bottom step and the iron post was held to it by some sort of metal- like caulk (as best I can describe it). The two have separated and the rail is shaky.
I need to repair this soon because the family living there has two young girls - late elementary school age - and I don't want this railing to be a hazard for them.
The perfect solution would be to have a mobile welding shop come weld the two together once and for all. Cost (I'm guestimating) around $150-200.
Another approach would be to attempt to bond the post and plate together, perhaps with an epoxy resin, including even wrapping it with a fiberglass mesh to create a "shoe" the post would be held in.
Would that second solution be sufficient to provide a reasonable expectation of the railing holding the weight of someone leaning on it or bumping against it?

no. it should be welded.

Weld it yourself for $69. http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=55060

Oh, COOL. When my father was in sales he was certified as an instructor in MIG and TIG and can probably teach me the fundamentals.
Kyle wrote:

I'm sure it comes with an instruction book.
Note the power requirements - (up to) 65 amps.
On Jun 4, 2:23pm, snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com wrote:

Ah. Neglected to mention the other posts are securely anchored in concrete. That sucker ain't comin' off short of replacing the porch.

*Call an ornamental iron shop and have them take care of it.