engine won't start !

Page 2 of 2
On Sun, 9 Dec 2007 16:39:09 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow

I only "contributed" to the OP "dilema.".
:))

caused by an obstructed exhaust. That can also cause gas to be blown back out of the carburetor. It is pretty unlikely that your ignition system is bad or off tim;ing, but the suggestion to try a new spark plug, even if the present one is sparking, is valid.
Don Young
It is pretty unlikely that your ignition system is

I had a guy come to do some concrete work. He had a nice mechanical trowel with a Honda engine. After pouring the concrete, they couldn't get the trowler to work. He gave up and started to trowel it by hand, which was 1,000 sf.
It had spark, it had gas. I poured a little in the intake. No luck.
I went and pulled a Honda plug from my mower, and it was a match. I put the plug in, and it took off on the first pull. The guy was just about in tears thanking me. The concrete came out okay.
Always keep a couple of extra plugs. You can mess with them and clean them up with a pin in the recesses of the parts on a cold winter evening. But when it's GOT to run, it's nice to have a quick replacement that you KNOW is good.
Steve
Try a shot of ether on the air cleaner filter. Might have summer gasoline. Or, might be flooded.
--

Christopher A. Young;
.

"scorman" < snipped-for-privacy@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
How thick of oil did you use? Lou
Kudos to the team !
Got it running after letting it stay idle for two days ..AND guess what it was ?? the sparkplug!
Not to belabor the point, but this was a real fooler .. the original plug still gives a great spark when grounding the tip ...HOWEVER, when I tried same experiment with that plug on another electric start snowblower ....NOTHING! ..couldn't just swap the plugs because it was a diff plug, but a working lawnmower used the same plug ..swapped that one and it gave a strong spark on the second snowblower ...put lawnmower plug into the malfunctioning snowblower ...and off it went
Thanks to all who contributed to my dilema.
BTW, years ago I had seen a garage tester for spark plugs that connected to the air compressor with a pressure gage ...you could see plugs that worked under atmospheric pressure, but at 120psi, some did and some didn't ..so, this is NOT speculation, but a fact.
Stew Corman from sunny Endicott

Years ago there was a tool (in real gas stations with a two bay service) for cleaning spark plugs, essentially a small sand blaster.
One connected the air line, inserted the plug into a rubber collar/washer(?-) and with a few short blast by pressing the button.
Never saw a tester connected to compressor.
Anytime, my friend. We are good at contributing to dilemas.
So, ether didn't do it?
--

Christopher A. Young;
.