Electrician hourly rates

Page 2 of 2

This is true in most communities; same with plumbing. People do take heed, of course. That is why you never see electrical or plumbing supplies sold in the big chain stores like Lowes and Home Dept.

A little tounge in cheek there, Edwin? I re-wired my 220v 30 amp hot tub myself. All HD parts including wire. Of course I have run more wire the most 20 something electricians and higher then 220v. Like I said, more permits = $. This is probably the 2nd most broken law in NJ, right after speed limits. Bob
Coffee worth staying up for - NY Times
www.moondoggiecoffee.com
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Har! Har! They ought to have a law against those stores selling goods that help people do illegal acts. Could probably sue them for having illegal aliens selling this illegal DIY stuff too.
Seriously, when stupid laws are passed, many if not most people find ways to get around them. But then, many of us wouldn't live in NJ anyway.

not DIY. Somehow there has a law been passed that an work on a circuit over 12 volts must be done by a licensed electrician. Thus generating more income for more permits.

accountant should be able to show it as a capital improvement and cut down your taxes.

Bob Open circuit line voltage; i.e. talk battery; on analog Plain Old Telephone Service (POTS) is forty eight volts DC. Ringing current is ninety volts, twenty hertz, AC.
There is not one jurisdiction in the US that requires permits for the public utilities to install telephone wiring because the work is regulated by your states public utilities commission; which is known by many different names from state to state.
--
Tom Horne

Thanks Tom. You are right that the ring tone is 90 V. Some how I remembered it wrong. In a certain boro that will remain unnamed, I was told explictly that I could not do my own telephone or satelite TV. The building inspector doesn't work weekends but I do. The "law" that prohibits DIY wiring is a state law. Thats why I wondered about the telco. My last job required wiring a lot more then 12V and I don't have a license. We used to laugh about it. Bob -- Coffee worth staying up for - NY Times www.moondoggiecoffee.com