electrical tape - "beige" color

You racist son of a bitch!! I'm going to tell Obama and his buddy Sharpton and they'll start an investigation on your racist behavior. Then you'll wish you were as tolerant as they tell us they are.

If that's the story you want us to believe.
Don't overlook that those search terms do turn up some possibilities.
--
Dan Espen

Adam:
I would phone up 3M's 1-800 customer support phone number and ask if they have a beige lane marking tape.
Lane marking tape is often used in hospitals to guide people unfamiliar with the hospital to the places they most frequently need to go, such as the X-ray lab and the caffeteria. Lane marking tape has a very strong initial grab, but it can be pulled off a surface without leaving a glue residue. It's a very strong and waterproof tape that will stand up to people walking on it with dirty winter boots and comes in various widths, and most importantly, a wide variety of colours.
The only problem I can see is that it typically comes in fairly large rolls, and you might not need that much tape.
Another option would be to look in your yellow pages phone directory under Book Binding Equipment & Supplies to see if any of the book binders in your area can order some beige book binding cloth tape for you. This is a very strong linen tape with a very strong adhesive on it that will keep those suede crosses on for a long time.
http://tinyurl.com/oe3b4kq
I'd consider using an elastic band to hold the crosses on, and then wrapping the heel with book binding tape over the elastic band.
--
nestork

Thanks, will definitely look into ...
1) beige lane marking tape - this sounds perfect if available in small quantities
2) beige book binding cloth tape - cloth tape may pick up dirt too easily (?) unless they are available with a gloss/slick finish (?)
On 12/7/2014 4:12 PM, Adam wrote:

Are you doing panel box at a gay bar, and they don't want to clash?
"Oh, I just HATE it when you use black electrical tape, it just CLASHES with my pink fu fru sailor suit. You just have to use beige, or I'll cry all night, and I'll change into my Nurse Rached costume, and I'll have to pee sitting down....."

which would be eventually be "black". Gosh, in that case, why not just use black? :-)
BTW, I did use "black" electrical tape on a pair of black ballroom shoes, which turned out "perfect" and very professional looking.
Maybe some "smart" person will have some "beige" electrical tape made in China and make tons of money? :-)

Ew, "white" would stand out like a sore thumb until it turns black.
To: Adam On 12/7/2014 9:38 PM, Adam wrote:

SHHHHH! Don't tell anyone, you'll ruin my reputation.
To: Adam
(1:249/999) --- Synchronet 3.15b-Win32 NewsLink 1.92 SpaceSST BBS Usenet <> Fidonet Gateway
To: Col. Edmund Burke
(1:249/999) --- Synchronet 3.15b-Win32 NewsLink 1.92 SpaceSST BBS Usenet <> Fidonet Gateway
To: Adam On 12/07/2014 05:01 PM, Adam wrote:
[snip]

Wal-Mart has a lot of fancy patterns, like flowers, British flag, and 'macaroni and cheese'.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
--- Synchronet 3.15b-Win32 NewsLink 1.92 SpaceSST BBS Usenet <> Fidonet Gateway
On 12/07/2014 04:42 PM, trader_4 wrote:
[snip]

Dirty white.
--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
--- Synchronet 3.15b-Win32 NewsLink 1.92 SpaceSST BBS Usenet <> Fidonet Gateway
To: sam E
(1:249/999) --- Synchronet 3.15b-Win32 NewsLink 1.92 SpaceSST BBS Usenet <> Fidonet Gateway