Electrical Switch and Out

P > Just purchased my first home and was changing out all the electrical P > outlets and switches throughout.

Must be the old black ones and you're wanting the white!

P > The problem I am encountering is with an electrical outlet that was P > replaced. The outlet can be controlled by a switch, however, now it P > is always on. I drew a diagram of the original wiring and installed P > it the same way (or so it may appear.) P > P > The original "switched" outlet had 3 white wires, 2 black, and 1 P > ground, while other "nonswitched" outlets have 2 white, 2 black, and 1 P > ground.

Betcha forgot to remove the link on the black side of the two outlets! There's a removeable strip of metal between the "top" and "bottom" bronze screw. It shouldn't be necessary to remove any of the wiring, just the link. (Turn off power at circuit breaker before this correction.)

  • Hello, my name is Stu, I also cook.
Reply to
barry martin