Electrical Panel Cover

I am trying to find a way to fashionably cover the electrical panel, located in our spare bedroom. It is already "inset" into the wall, but my wife and I are looking for ideas to "make it go away".

Anybody's help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. If you have photos and/or plans, please feel free to send them to my email address.

Thanks in advance,

Frank

Reply to
Frank Hallett

Anthony Diodati

Just hang a picture over it ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Reply to
Jim Thompson

Hang a picture or some such thing over it.

Reply to
Lou W

an electrical panel in a cabinet (with or without a back) is against code. DO NOT ENCLOSE THE ELECTRICAL PANEL.

Reply to
Bohemian Rhapsody

You can (I think this was inspected, but that would be 1960) put a thin plywood cover on the box, if you bolt it to the front panel of the breaker box, using some standoffs (like 3/8 to 1/2 inch) to keep the wood away from the box itself, an air gap. Make sure you can still open the box.

Otherwise, paint the cover of the panel to match the decor.

Reply to
John Hines