Electrical mystery

After a lightning storm the other night, my garage and breezeway power was gone. I can't find any circuit breaker that is tripped that represents this circuit in the main box. The garage was an addon to the house. Besides wiring a to a breaker in the main box, what are some other possibilities of how this circuit could be protected?
SJP wrote:

A ground fault interrupter.... a GFI...and outlet with push to test and reset buttons..
Mark
Awesome. I just found it and hit the button and presto all is well. Thanks so much. You just helped me win a bet with my wife. Now she has to 'put out' when she comes home in an hour.

"..Ever man should have a wife,... some things you can't blame on the government"... {paraphrase, Jed, speaking to Granny}
Oren They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass destruction. Janet Reno, Attorney General, Friday, February 27, 1998
SJP wrote:

least you can do since we helped you out.
SJP wrote:

Check if you have a GFI outlet that tripped, which could be feeding your garage and breezeway.