Electric Question

I saw a "weird to me" circuit and would like to learn what it is. Inside the junction box there was one hot wire running through it and passing out of it through the other end down the conduit. Then inside the 2 neutrals and 2 grounds was wire nutted togther with a outlet that is underneath the junction box. So why is the other hot running through but the 2 neutral were wire nutted with the outlet below?

Reply to
super2324us

It sounds like you may be describing an Edison circuit, which is two hot legs,(of different potential) sharing a neutral. One hot leg is feeding the outlet,the second hot leg is going down the conduit to something else, and the neutral is pigtailed to the outlet and continuing to the second circuit. Neutrals of this type of circuit can't be dependent on devices like outlets, so they're typically pigtailed

Reply to
RBM

If good-is-good, better-is-better?

Reply to