Electric Meter for Black Outs?

Page 2 of 2
On 12/13/2013 12:56 PM, Pete C. wrote:

FWIW, my 200 amp Generac ATS has a 15 amp breaker for the board that monitors the utility power.
Bubba wrote:

My 18ga wires to the indicators will "fuse" at 15A.

one end of an ne2 to L1 or L2 and attach about 10 inches of insulated wire on the other end - capacitive ground will light the neon.
I used to have an ne2 attached to the end of my CB antenna - and it lit every time I keyed the mic.

On 12/12/2013 6:34 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

You have problems accessing long term memory too? I'm getting a USB port installed in the back of my head so I can plug in a backup drive. ^_^
TDD

70 is what I recall. Temperature and light sensitive. Most I see die trying to get too much brightness.
I don't see any safe option for installing.
Greg
gregz wrote:

? Pull the meter and install with everything safely unpowered. If you are very experienced, turn off the main breaker so no load, put on your insulating gloves and face shield and carefully loosen the main input lug, slip in the indicator wire and retighten.
On 12/12/2013 01:12 PM, Pavel314 wrote:

Get a contactor and wire the contacts in series with the line that comes off of your generator, and the coil in parallel to the mains; when your power shuts off you will know that the mains are back online.
Jon
On 12/12/2013 4:12 PM, Pavel314 wrote:

My transfer box only isolates and works on certain circuits. When power is restored the unisolated circuits come back on.
On 12/13/2013 01:14 PM, Frank wrote:

Indeed, and if the OP had that kind of setup, with certain selected circuits being run from a generator sub-panel, it would be trivial to put a pair of lights on the load side of a two pole breaker in the main panel. My understanding of what the OP had was only one panel, with a main breaker that was connected to the service, and a separate breaker "backfeeding" the panel from the generator, with an interlock device so that only one of the two (main breaker and generator breaker) could be in the "on" position at any time. Thus if the generator is in use, the main breaker is turned off and therefore the only way to check for voltage on the service is at the service itself, hence this whole discussion.
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel