Electric fence to deter copper thieves

Page 1 of 2
"[RANCHO CORDOVA, Calif] It’s a shocking way to stop the copper theft crime-wave – a 7,000-volt electric security fence. The Rancho Cordova City Council voted Monday night to draft an ordinance allowing businesses to put up electric security fences that will zap would-be copper thieves."
http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2012/11/19/rancho-cordova-businesses-could-send-shocking-message-to-criminals /
First, I find it hard to believe that the citizens of California would countenance such a Draconian measure when the copper foragers are merely trying to put modest slices of bread in the mouths of their undernourished - and sometimes starving - children.
Secondly, if the advocates of this plan think that thieves have not heard of insulated wire cutters, they are dumber than a crate of anvils.
The plan is definitely NOT for the children.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Or to feed their crack habit, in which case I applaud the town council.
Add pictures here
βœ–
HeyBub wrote:

I told you that your american society and way of life is going down the toilet - and that this theft of metal (urban mining) is one such example. Street lights, copper wiring, air conditioners, manhole covers, bronze statues.
We don't have any such electric fences here in Canada.

Yours is a country of children.
Add pictures here
βœ–
In wrote:

If you honestly think that copper theft doesn't happen in Canada, you're incredibly ignorant.
However, the fact that you post through AIOE.ORG suggests that you're just another stinking troll.
--
snipped-for-privacy@iphouse.com St. Paul, MN

Add pictures here
βœ–
On 11/21/2012 10:12 AM, Bert wrote:

Why do you have a problem with aioe.org?
Don
Add pictures here
βœ–
IGot2P wrote:

Because it's populated, in the main, a rat bag of shoddy pedagogues, athletes of the tongue, professional picknits and stink-eyes filling the stupid hours of their pointless days with nagging the yellow-bellied.
Or so I've been told. Don't know from first hand knowledge.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 11/21/2012 11:12 AM, Bert wrote:

You must have just started reading this group?
"home guy" and his hundred other aliases imagines that he is the only true spokesperson for Canada. And given that role he continuously argues that human behavior is somehow different in Canada. Others have reminded him that they actually live there and go there but he insists his imaginary role makes him all knowledgeable and any other views are wrong.
Add pictures here
βœ–
In must have expired.
--
snipped-for-privacy@iphouse.com St. Paul, MN

Add pictures here
βœ–
Bert wrote:

It doesn't happen on the scale that it does in your bankrupt country.

And you're a stinking douchebag regardless *where* you post from Bert.
Add pictures here
βœ–

high voltage circuits.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Wed, 21 Nov 2012, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

One church here in Montreal had their roof stolen, and it cost a whole lot more to replace it than the stolen copper was worth. Odd things do keep disapp[earing, including memorial plaques.
Michael
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 11/22/2012 12:53 AM, Michael Black wrote:

Human nature knows no international boundaries except in home guys imaginary version that only exists in his mind.

Add pictures here
βœ–
George wrote:

If that's how you want to rationalize how or why your country is flushing itself down the toilet. I expect nothing less from you George.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 11/21/2012 8:59 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

But thats a different Canada right? Everything is totally perfect in home guys imaginary Canada that exists only in his mind.
Add pictures here
βœ–
George wrote:

Of course it's not perfect here - but it is pretty close to ideal.
It's a heck of a lot better than the shit-hole that your country has turned into.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 11/21/2012 11:00 AM, Home Guy wrote:

You think we can't google?
http://www.calgarysun.com/2012/05/09/copper-copping-thieves-playing-with-wire
Add pictures here
βœ–
"Earl J. Hickey" wrote:

The difference is that metal theivery is an absolute epidemic in the US.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 11/21/2012 10:00 AM, Homo Gay wrote:

Homo Gay, you've never explained why you waste your time communicating with such backward people as we Americans. Why aren't you spending your time in discussions with such superior people as Canadians and Europeans? O_o
TDD
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Nov 21, 5:10 pm, The Daring Dufas <the-daring-du...@stinky- finger.net> wrote:

It's called missionary syndrome. Gotta educate the starving heathens.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 11/22/2012 1:45 AM, harry wrote:

Oh my God, I can't imagine what Canadian nuns would be like. The poor little school kids would have nightmares about albino penguins. ^_^
TDD
Add pictures here
βœ–