Electric caulk gun suggestion

I need a good one without buying the Rolls Royce of the bunch. Carpal tunnel syndrome, and I have a LOT of caulking to do.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

I use the DeWalt battery unit.

Reply to
DanG

I've never seen a need for such a tool. Squeezing a caulking gun is not difficult (unless your caulk is hard, which means it's old and should be discarded). But I dont have have carpal tunnel. However, I dont think I could get a good bead with an electric gun. With a hand operated one I can control the flow by the amount of pressure applied.

Then comes the thought..... a battery operated unit is gonna be heavy, compared to a plain gun. That would be hard on the wrists too.

Of course this is just an opinion, because I have never tried an electric gun. My plain old caulking gun is fine with me.

Reply to
homeowner

I've used a Ryobi caulk gun. It has a speed/pressure control, and with the smaller of their two Li-Ion battery packs (or even with the larger one) it's not heavy.

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

One of the dumbest posts I've ever seen here.

We bought a pneumatic gun from McMaster Carr when we had a lot of silicone to apply. Worked well and it was easy to apply an even bead. Homeowner not only thinks powered gun are not needed, he also wants to do away with crutches for people with broken legs. He finds it easy to walk without one, so one little broken bone should not matter.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I have been using scissors to trim my lawn. I have never tried a mower so the scissors are fine with me...

How can you formulate an opinion about something you have never used?

Reply to
George

Same here, but I've developed carpal tunnel from the use of the scissors and now I need an electric caulking gun.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

First things first. You are required to take a gun safety course, and pass all the tests to prove you can use a gun safely...... Contact your local NRA office!

Reply to
homeowner