Ejector pump backup?

Can I get a battery backup pump into an ejector pit? (basement is below street line so need ejection for bsmt fixtures). I already have one on my sump pit which has never been a problem. However about 6 years ago I lost power and the basement ejector pit backud up out the basement floor drain due to the water softener going into backwash mode during the outage (its a Kinetico softener that uses no power).

Have any of the plumbers here ever put a battery backup on an ejector pit (dual pumps)?

I dont expect it to eject solids, just keep the water level down in an emergency.

Reply to
RickH

Michael had written this in response to

: RickH,

Did you ever receive an answer to your question? I am in search of the battery backup ejector pump, as well and not sure one exists.

Thanks, Michael

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 295033 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
Michael