Sewage ejector pump for cabana?

I am having a new pool installed and am thinking about a small cabana in the garage to reduce in house traffic. Unfortunately the yard slopes down toward the garage, and the toilet sewer level there would be slightly below the sewer main at the street. I therefore have to pump up hill.

1) A local plumber has estimated $7500 in order to install sewage ejector pump and pit and ~200 feet of pipe and whatever else is required but not including hook up to the town sewer which would entail jacking up sidewalk and street ($10K??). This seems high considering the soil is clay without shale. Is it just that we don't do this much in the flat cotton fields of Dallas or is this reasonable?

2) My town inspector would prefer a direct connection to the sewage main which is very expensive (see above). I don't know yet if this is required by code or not (it doesn't sound like it), but I don't want to pressure the inspector if it is not necessary. Is connecting to the house with a check valve unreasonable?

3) Are the electrical pump failure alarms dependable?

David - Dallas

Reply to
davidwat

Typically a 2" pipe is run from the ejector pit to the existing discharge pipe, just beyond the house trap. A vent will have to be connected to the existing vent or a new one run as well.

Reply to
RBM