Easy way to repair "bubbleb corner bead"?

Planning on doing some interior painting and will face the problem of repairing sheetrock problems. The typical nail pops and and surface irregularities are a simple matter but I have a lot of what I call "bubbled corner bead" - the corner edge of the corner bead pulling away from the sheetrock, sometimes for several feet in places. The only way that I can think of for repairing this is to chip away all the old wall compound over the bead for the full length of the problem , renail the bead and apply new wall compound. Is there an easier way to do this?
Thanks
<< The only way that I can think of for repairing this is to chip away all the old wall compound over the bead for the full length of the problem , renail the bead and apply new wall compound. Is there an easier way to do this? >>
No. In fact, the bead will be so warped by the time you get it nailed back that you would be better served to simply strip off the the whole length, fix all the nail pops and put new corner bead on. Use ring shank nails, drywall screws as appropriate. Never mind the short cuts, just do it once and do it right. HTH
Joe