Easy range question

What's the difference between a 'free standing' and a 'slide in' electric range? We need to put this between two cabinets about 25 1/4" deep and 30" apart. Can we use either?
JustDave

free standing is just what it says.
slide in you will need to build a support on the floor to support the range. (in my experence)
Free standing is the way to go for cleaning as far as I am concerned.