EARTHQUAKE

Page 5 of 6
Tekkie® was thinking very hard :

I do here. I'm on the defense on another NG most of the time.
On 1/7/2016 3:32 PM, Eagle wrote:

I used to be more active on alt.hvac, which I fondly called alternating havoc. Know the concept of being on the defense most of the time. The folks on alternating havoc were not very kind.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Same thing on scorched-earth. I have several of the people there in My dungeon so I don't have to put up with the H&D. I can enjoy myself here without the crappola.
Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

reement or wish death and destruction upon someone with diametrically oppos ed beliefs unless that person wished to harm you or anyone else who refused to or failed to kowtow to their way of thinking. BS likes to BS and produc e copious amounts of silly puns. How is poking fun at humanity cringe-worth y? I do it all the time and no one has ever been harmed because of it. ?.?

Because it is you Unc I will reiterate my objections.
Over in alt.hvac he claimed to be a tech. He gave out information that coul d hurt or kill someone, frequently. He would sell used parts out of his van a s new. As a locksmith he admitted to ripping old people off, breaking jams if necessary.
Research his postings over the years there and here. These are the ones I remember now. I won't have anything to do with such a person. I have KF him . As I see some of his posts carried through he is still pulling his act; expert when posting-innocent when caught. He refuses to learn.
I cannot discern whether he is troll or idiot. I try to warn people away, that is the best I can do.
--
Tekkie

Tekkie® presented the following explanation :

Stormy is a good Man, and I like his sense of humor. Time to unload that 'tude T dude...
On 1/6/2016 10:37 AM, Don Y wrote:

I was sitting in my home office one morning chatting with my husband and the house began to move. It was like being lifted up in the air a few inches and back down several times. My monitor shook, too. We both looked at each other like, "What the XYZ was that!!? Did you feel that?" Sure enough it was on the news that we'd had an earth quake.
--
Maggie

Muggles presented the following explanation :

Was it a fun ride? :D The 6.2 roller we had back in 1969 was a fun ride until we saw the damage it did and the loss of life it caused. Any shakers we get now reminds us of the damage and loss of life a big quake can cause.
On 1/7/2016 11:12 AM, Eagle wrote:

It was more a feeling of 'what the heck'! lol
--
Maggie

Muggles submitted this idea :

Exactly! Can't do a thing to stop a shaker, so have fun riding it out!

enough

Several of these 3-4 ones around San Andreas in the last few days. A decent size shakers and few more mud slides and you might just have ocean front property!
On Wed, 6 Jan 2016 20:22:32 -0800, "Snuffy \"Hub Cap\" McKinney"

If everyone who lives in CA goes to the beaches along the ocean at the same time, CA will crack right off from the mainland. Try it, it might be fun!!!
Paintedcow:
That slice of California is actually the edge of a much larger plate - the Pacific Plate.
So while there is always the chance of a historic quake, that section will not just drop into the ocean, as sensationalists would have us believe.
snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moc submitted this idea :

Good idea...surf the new island!
Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney wrote :

We are fairly close to the San Andreas fault here. there are several other faults here and in San Diego that slip, but the 'big one' will cause the most damage and loss of life. The home owners insurance Co.s are advertizing shaker insurance now and making a bundle. They know there won't be enough money to rebuild, so they will go BK and live off the billions instead of paying off homeowners that lost their homes and their lifetime possessions.
On 1/6/2016 8:53 AM, Eagle wrote:

Well, I believe Oklahoma is now ahead of California in the number of earth quakes. Yesterday they had about a dozen up in North Central Oklahoma. That's talking greater than 3.5. We have only had a couple greater than 5. Ask the oil companies and they will tell you that using injection wells to dispose of the water used in fracking has nothing to do with it.
I personally have only felt 2 of them here in Tulsa but the TV stations get calls all the time when they happen. There was some damage over around Edmond in Central Oklahoma last week. At least one home lost a chimney.
Bill
Bill Gill formulated on Thursday :

Are you in the 405 area Bill? I watch "STREET OUTLAWS" all the time. :')
On 1/7/2016 11:23 AM, Eagle wrote: Shake'en, rattle'en, and roll'en here. GEICO sent me a nice letter and said ur on ur own if you have any damage from the oil/gas industry caused earthquakes. http://earthquaketrack.com/p/united-states/recent
My 2 Cents explained on 1/7/2016 :

Dayam! Fairview Oklahoma has had several quakes!
On 1/7/2016 11:23 AM, Eagle wrote:

918 area. Tulsa is in NE Oklahoma about 100 miles NNE of Oklahoma City. We haven't been getting the actual quakes, just getting shaken up some. The 5.4 about 2 or 3 years ago did cause some damage in this area.
And the count for today is now up around 30 quakes in North Central Oklahoma.
Bill
Bill Gill has brought this to us :

Wow. We never hear about quakes in Oklahoma out here.