EARTHQUAKE

Page 4 of 6
On 1/6/2016 3:17 PM, Eagle wrote:

First, they have to survive it.
Meanie presented the following explanation :

lol No chit!
On Wednesday, January 6, 2016 at 12:17:45 PM UTC-8, Eagle wrote:

Dey gotz itz awl wong. My contact within the USGS tells me when The Big One hits, everything East of Reno will sink onto the Atlantic and we'll be left. That's why were called The Left Coast!
Shade tree Guy posted for all of us...

We will all have to change our name to Bob. That will throw the newsreader stats into orbit.
--
Tekkie

Which says a great deal about the ignorance of Vegas. Seems they don't realize that the San Andreas is _west_ of San Francisco, and it's a strike-slip fault where one side is moving north and the other south. So, one day, Los Angeles will be west of San Francisco instead of south of it.
Scott Lurndal wrote :

Still beachfront and island realestate after the big one hits. Buy now at bargan basement prices!
On 1/7/16 12:03 PM, Eagle wrote:

SHHH! Better get ready to tie up de boat in Idaho.
Eagle posted for all of us...

And none too soon!
--
Tekkie

Oren presented the following explanation :

Doing sarcasm is hard to translate to text IMO. I think that is the reason for emoticons, no? ^^
snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moc writes:

Or maybe the lead has led to deteriorated mental abilities in the other 49 states, such that they no longer recognize (or care about) the hazard provided by lead?
I really don't understand how someone can hate a state. Much less a state they don't live in and have likely never visited.
Scott Lurndal presented the following explanation :

Who are you responding to Scott? I didn't write that.
On 1/6/2016 11:41 AM, Eagle wrote:

There's a new movie out called San Andreas about the "big one". I haven't seen it yet, though.
--
Maggie

It happens that Muggles formulated :

First I've heard about it. I'll see what's on the interweb about it. Thanks Maggie!
On 1/6/2016 11:37 AM, Don Y wrote:

The one earthquake I felt, it was as if the washing machine was in spin cycle, but there was no load in the machine.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Were you in the machine then?
On 1/6/2016 3:18 PM, Eagle wrote:

No, heck, no. Why would I be in the washing machine! I was in the clothes dryer, you old goose.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Oh, OK. No wonder you have a dry sense of good humor, Stormy. :')
On 1/6/2016 5:34 PM, Eagle wrote:

I'm not known as one to fluff people. Just fold right to the point.
Rough and tumble world, and it all comes out in the wash.
My sense of humor tends the wild and zany. But, I do try to keep it under control. Try; just try. Barely, some times.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

You do make Me smile and laugh Stormy...thanks for that. :D
Eagle posted for all of us...

He makes most of us cringe. I'm glad you have a better disposition than I do...
--
Tekkie