Early Kohler toilet fill valve parts?

Anyone know if service parts ball float fill valve for Kohler toilets about 30 years old are available anywhere?
All I need is the part called a "plunger" the thing at the top of the assembly which gets pushed down as the ball rises and eventually stops the incoming water flow.
I picked up a Kohler 30100 "Plunger Service Kit" but it wasn't quite right as it had a screw in plastic valve seat and the valve seat on the fill valve I'm trying to fix is molded right into the plastic valve body.
Yes, I know I can buy a whole new float valve for less than $15, but it would be a much easier job if I could just get the right "olde style" plunger. If I can't then of course I'll change the whole fill valve.
Thanks guys,
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
Jeff Wisnia wrote:

Not really so much easier. Just replace whole assembly. Turn off water, empty the tank. new one will fit right up. When you repair them there is a chance it will leak.
Tony Hwang wrote:

Thaanks Tony,
The problem we were having was a squealing noise for about three seconds just before the complete closing of that plunger valve.
I installed the plunger from the 30100 kit because it looked the same as the one which was in the valve. Only difference was that the rubber seal on the old one looked like it had swelled out of the plunger about 1/16 of an inch and spread out sideways.
The replaced plunger worked just fine, but I had to bend the float arm down a bit to accommodate the rubber seal not being swelled, to get the "full" tank water level correct.
So, all's well so far.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
Jeff Wisnia wrote:

Good to hear. I got rid of float balls in all 4 toilets in the house. There is quiet fill valve which just whispers when water is in-ush.