E-Z Stone coating for countertop

Hi folks,

My wife and I are thinking of covering our kitchen melamine countertop with E-Z Stone coating. There are two units -- the area with stove top and the sink area. There is an existing fake wood veneer around the vertical edge that meets the top with a slight beveled edge.

Any advice on the use of this product or any other in the above situation.

Thanks,

Ron

Reply to
Ron

I am curious... What is easy stone? Link?

Reply to
GotBonus

Oh pshaw, on Sun 09 Jul 2006 04:25:33p, Ron meant to say...

From the E-Z Stone website...

Can I use E-Z Stone on countertops? E-Z Stone can be applied to a variety of countertops. We do not recommend that it be applied to kitchen countertops or food preparation areas.

Note: If E-Z Stone is to be applied to a kitchen countertop or food preparation area you should seal the stone coating with E-Z Stone Countertop Coating. This 2 part Clear epoxy coating meets Canadian Food Inspection Agency requirements and should be used in place of the E-Z Stone Sealer when sealing kitchen countertops or food preparation areas.

tml

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

A friend of mine used this for a couple of counters - kitchen and bathroom.

This is very fussy stuff. If you don't apply it just right, it looks pretty bad, and there's no redo.

Durability is nil, regardless of what they say. It's only good for areas that never really get touched, even if it's sealed.

I'd stay away from it personally.

Reply to
Abe

Here's a link.