Dying for a Chevy Volt, but....

Page 6 of 16
21:47:28 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

    It worked for Bugs Bunny! (Falling Hare, 1943). Of course, he only had an A card. -- pyotr filipivich "With Age comes Wisdom. Although more often, Age travels alone."
pyotr filipivich wrote:

Are you sure it worked? Those Hollyweasels are tricky liars.
16:37:13 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

    Bugs is no weasel. Straight up, honest 100% American rabbit.
    If you can't trust the boys at Termite Terrace, who can you trust?
pyotr
pyotr filipivich wrote:

He is a union bunny who has to follow the script.
02:21:19 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

    Maybe so, but that was back in the day when being Union wasn't all that bad.     Besides, who else was patriotic enough to volunteer to test artillery fuses - with a hammer? -- pyotr filipivich "With Age comes Wisdom. Although more often, Age travels alone."
pyotr filipivich wrote:

Patriotic, or stupid? I think he was working for the other side, and trying to destroy a munitions plant.
01:07:54 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

    Rabbit and a 'Toon. What can you say? -- pyotr filipivich "With Age comes Wisdom. Although more often, Age travels alone."
pyotr filipivich wrote:

Made by liberals in Hollywood.
On Mon, 25 Feb 2013 23:17:45 -0500, Wes Groleau

There are some air parks like that in Florida too but Homeland is not happy about it. They really want a fence around every air strip and guarded gates.
Avweb.com had an article about it a few months ago.
In mainstream America, I don't see that airplanes idea taking off.
I can imagine golf carts. I've seen enough of those.
On 02-25-2013 00:16, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

I saw a TV show about a palce in California were most residents own planes, have garages to put them in, with streets wide enough to get them home from the landing strip.
--
Wes Groleau

On 02-26-2013 07:24, Stormin Mormon wrote:

ha-ha.
http://livingwithyourplane.com/2008/07/08/airparks-info-california/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airpark
--
Wes Groleau

Armchair Activism: http://www.breakthechain.org/armchair.html

It's a good thing for us that folks who said that the infrastructure was not in place and that the moonbats were trying to replace horses and buggys with new-fangled automobiles were unable to convince the citizenry of their anti-progressive ways. What model carriage do you drive, sir? :-)
On 2/24/2013 1:42 PM, dsi1 wrote:

Don't be silly, the primitive automobiles were few in number and the highway system didn't exist at the time not to mention the relatively tiny population in those days. Electric vehicles will be wonderful if the infrastructure is allowed to develop and evolve slowly and with the demands of the market the same way the internal combustion engine based transportation infrastructure did. Moonbats believe the present transportation infrastructure can be scrapped and changed overnight. If you remember history, our politicians didn't use the newfangled gasoline powered automobiles and airplanes until the technology matured as much as the rail and steamship travel had become and widely used safely by a large number of people. Last week I had to spend a few days working at the Northern end of the state which was a two hour drive. There is no windmill and solar cell powered vehicle in existence that would have made it possible for me and JH to transport ourselves and a half ton of tools and equipment to the job site and back. So my assertion of the moonbattery of the Progressive Liberal Leftist Commiecrat Freaks still stands. ^_^
TDD

Nobody believes that the infrastructure can be developed overnight. The electric car will develop and mature like any new technology. Naysayers, as usual, will be proven shortsighted and wrong.

Sorry, I won't get sucked into some political rant. That's just a red herring anyway.

On 2/24/2013 11:21 PM, dsi1 wrote:

You've obviously never met a wide eyed dumbass who voted for the present administration. Electric vehicles haven't been developed to the point that they can take the place of existing internal combustion engine powered vehicles except for short range commuting which I think is a wonderful use for them. An electric vehicle is not suitable for my use because I often must travel a hundred miles or more in a day and carry a load of tools and equipment. There is no electric vehicle in existence that a normal citizen could afford that has anything near the capabilities of my old gasoline powered service van. O_o

Political rant my irritated red posterior. It's the morons in Washington D.C. who are trying to push junk science and technology on the citizenry when they have no understanding of said technology. It's amazing how much taxpayer money was wasted on trying to prop up so called "green" energy when the companies promising great and wonderful solar cells and super duper batteries sucked in hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars them went bankrupt. I wonder why GM hasn't been able to put an electric car in every driveway? Perhaps it's because no normal citizen want's one of the darn things? Perhaps if Apple came up with an iCar, folks would be clamoring for one? O_o
http://blog.heritage.org/2012/07/24/morning-bell-the-green-graveyard-of-taxpayer-funded-failures/
http://tinyurl.com/csodhvk
TDD

It sounds like an electric vehicle is not for you. The reality is that most passenger cars would not suit your needs. What's your point? Are all normal citizens supposed to drive gasoline powered service vans?
dsi1 wrote:

Normal citizens? What are you smoking?

"There is no electric vehicle in existence that a normal citizen could afford that has anything near the capabilities of my old gasoline powered service van."
dsi1 wrote:

If it smokes you need to overhaul the engine.

Dis-engaging!