Dying for a Chevy Volt, but....

No, I knew that fools with money would line up and buy anything labeled Apple. Just like NASA, NOAA, ESA and the Aerospace industry lined up to buy our telemetry hardware.

If they would pay the outrageous price for the first Walkman, they will buy any useless technology just to look like fools. I've used, repaired & programmed computers since the mid '60s. My electronics designs are in orbit, so you are talking out your ass.

Come back, if they ever get your brain out of neutral.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

SSHHH!!!!!!!!!! That was supposed to be a surprise when they renew their tags & have to pay a $5,000 road tax.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

On Mon, 25 Feb 2013 16:04:03 -0600, Vic Smith wrote in Re Re: Dying for a Chevy Volt, but....:

That doesn't mean that it makes economic sense to buy a Volt. It only means that a lot of people buy one. IMO the mass mentality of the Amerikan public is not a sterling recommendation for anything; and their conspicuous consumption lifestyle proves it to me.

Reply to
CRNG

You haven't been around me when I pass gas. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

You're preaching to the choir. But economic sense and automobiles rarely meet.

Reply to
Vic Smith

Your reputation preceeds you. Why do you think I live in Florida? :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

No you don't.

Reply to
krw

The truth is that if an electric car were made for around $12K that could seat 4 people and had a reasonable range, the government would have to be subsidizing it to the tune of $100K and it would weigh twice as much as a normal car and use more energy. Economics nor physics give a shit about your wet dreams.

You sound a lot like EA; braindead.

Reply to
krw

So are clueless idiots like you. You have a lot of company with EA, Douggie, harry, and a few dozen lessor morons.

Reply to
krw

The Renault 10 was on the same level as a VW Rabbit Diesel. Small quick and easy on the pocket.

All the government regulations have pretty well killed building cars like that. Even the new Fiat 500 is a pig compared to the original.

Reply to
Attila Iskander

YOu're projecting again, loon.

...of shit. It's all you're fit for.

I get enough of your shit here. I certainly don't want it at home.

You really don't have to prove how clueless you are. *EVERYONE* here knows it.

You've run nothing but your mouth, as always.

Reply to
krw

But that comment again demonstrates how provincial harry's mindset is. Obviously what works around him has to work just as well ALL OVER the world It's a holdover from the times when Euros imagined they controlled and were superior to the rest of the world

Reply to
Attila Iskander

No longer. I didn't think there were any that dumb.

Reply to
krw

You got some nerve talking about lucidity in the same thread you claimed that Gunner could build an EV. Fuck me, a week or so ago he couldn't identify a starter solenoid without help. So what's the difference between you, and someone predicting the end of the world on a certain date?

Reply to
whoyakidding's ghost

IDEALLY, replacement fuel sources for vehicles will be a variety of options, electric, bio fuel from vegetable waste NOT FOOD, CNG, algea grown in coal plants exhaust,, perhaps methyl alcohol directly from coal.

Having a variety of power sources would create competition.

all the oil the world will ever has is already here. But given the acceleration in crude oil use we cant drill baby drill, we will just run out... someday there may be a more important use for crude oil more important than gasoline.....

and the USA iimports a billion dollars a day in crude, thats all money taken out of our economy to enrich others who hate us...

Chine will likely export brand new cheap battery vehicles to the US, quality will be marginal but the low price will create a line at the dealership door....

Right now a terrorist attack on the global oil infrastructure could cripple our economy. that should of been fixed in 1972.....

Battery vehicles arent all the same, the leaf has no gasoline backup

The volt can run either.

A small micro sized trailer with built in wiring when the vehicle is new is good for leaf type vehicles, and unneeded for volt type

Reply to
bob haller

There are some pilot programs currently going on in the US where states are putting GPS on to cars that phones home every once in awhile to see if it is possible to change road taxes to a miles driven type of thing. Good luck getting that instituted.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

The VW Beetle at the time was a much heaver car I think over 2,000lbs and had nowhere near the handling of the little Renault which was actually a four door sedan. It had 4 wheel disk brakes and rack and pinion steering along with independent suspension. Even though it had swing axles in the rear, it had camber straps to keep it from misbehaving. The little car was very comfortable and could be driven long distances without wearing you out. It had a 10 gallon fuel tank behind the back seat but with the tiny 1.1Ltr engine you could get over

300 miles on a fill up. I wound up with a 73 R10 and a 71 R16 which were wonderfully funky small cars. I wish I had a nice R16 right now. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Hey, a stiff breeze out of Alabamastan could send the chemical weapon your way. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I'm not a owner. My wife bought and sold it. And, as I said, it did have the main video display go out and the dealer wanted over $5000 for the repair. I managed to get it for a fraction of that but, not exactly a glowing recommendation. I was very put off by the dealer's repair department. Robbery IMO. But, I've owned two small Toyota pickups and both are/were very reliable.

Reply to
gonjah

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message news:kggm6v$b1s$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me...

Outside the larger towns Southern Germany had little more public transportation than the US.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins