Dug well- electric *and* pitcher pump?

I've got a dug well that I would like to put a working pitcher pump on for mostly aesthetic/conversation purposes. . . and would also like to put a working shallow well pump on to wash cars & such.
The well is about 3' in diameter, and the water is 8' below grade- 15 feet or so water in the well. I've drained it several times with a sump pump and it refills fairly fast.
Can I just drop a 1 1/4 plastic pipe into the well with a check valve on the end, then 'T' it to the 2 pumps?
My inclination is to drop 16' of pipe- that will keep me 7-8 feet above the bottom of the well, but give me plenty of water to work with.
It is currently covered with a 4" slab of concrete with a 3" PVC plug in the middle for access. I could drop 2 pipes through the hole if there is an advantage to keeping things separate, but a single pipe just seems easier. Thanks, Jim

A shallow well pump should pull that ok, but the pitcher pump teed into the line would likely be a huge vacuum leak. If you could put a valve between the pitcher pump and the tee, it should be fine. If having to turn a valve to use the pitcher pump would be a bother, you could use an electric valve, normally open, wired to close when the electric pump came on it would be automatic. If you could give up a little aesthetic value, a hydrant would work on the pressure side.
-snip-

-snip-
Wonder if a second check valve would work? Or would I actually need 3- one to protect each pump, and one to keep the pipe full.. . . by then I might better just drop two lines into the well.
Or is the pitcher pump unlikely to draw a vacuum on the electric?
Jim

Thinking that through further; a check valve isolating each pump should do it.

Agree. Don't forget to allow for draiing the system if you are in a cold climate though. Probably just pull the suction pipe to do it.
Harry K