Ductless, mini split air conditioners?

Anybody got any info or experience with ductless, mini split air conditioners and heat pumps? Saw one on TV and have been googling and these sound just right for our basement remodel.
TIA...

http://www.smarterwayinc.com/pages/768194/index.htm
When I was in Japan (92-96) in the USAF I had a couple of split models for my house. My Japanese units were used (prev owner)for 4 years and I put 4 1/2 more years on them. They worked great. To buy new they were expensive but quality units that had gee whiz remotes and temp sensors. Sadly US markets had nothing that could touch these babies. Real quiet too. Greyhound