"Dual" brand Car Stereo (any good)?

Actually they ARE coming back in a pretty big way with the audiofools.

- oops - audiophiles.

Reply to
clare

Thats because a plymouth doesn't exixt any more and was virtually identical to the Dodge anyway.. Buy the kit for the Dodge Caravan of the same year - I believe it was the same kit for the Chrysler Town and Country and half the rest of Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth products of the same era.. I just did some checking and ALL chrysler radios from

1985 to 2000 are physically interchangeable - and virtually all are also plug compatible - so buy the mounting kit and wiring kit listed for a 1996 grand caravan and go for it!!!!

Don't believe me? Go to

and check for yourself....

Reply to
clare

Looks like the DT250 mis back in production - not sure if it is made by the same folks as the radios or just sold by the same folks - whether it is the Chinese entity or the German --- but yes - it looks like I was quite possibly wrong.

Reply to
clare

I'll be setting up my reel to reel tape deck too . Just gotta pick up some speakers , gave my best set to the oldest son for his stereo . I have found some , just need to go get them . Your derision for those who appreciate good sound equipment is noted .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Yup. Getting my bionic ears next week.

I appreciate good sound too - and I still have a couple good turntables - but I don't believe ANYONE can tell the difference getween "oxygen free copper" speaker wires and normal copper wires of the same guage. - among many other "black art" audiphile wonders.

Reply to
clare

Did some checking. Dual turntables are still made in Germany - Dual Phono GmbH

by the Alfred Fehrenbacher GmbH. These have a CS prefix on the models. There are also far east dual turntables sold by Dual DGC GmbH in europe. They have a TD prefix on the model numbers.

Namsung Electronics, a Korean company, operates Dual Electronics Corporation out of Florida. Although it is a Korean company, Namsung operates out of Ho Chi Minh City in VietNam.. It is "posible" their products that are handled by Dual DGC GmbH with the TD prefix, but they may also be selling them manufactured by another company that also supplies Dual DGC GmbH, or it could be a totally different company.

Reply to
clare

replying to Paintedcow, ? Guy wrote: I don't like it and I'll further explained after answering some of your questions. The USB works great for playing MP3's and is okay for charging your phone although it doesn't put out as much power as you can get from just a cigarette lighter higher-end USB charger. The stereo sounds good if not great and I am quite pleased with the sound quality. I do have higher end speakers and it doesn't put out enough power that my speakers can handle but it sounds great. Now to the parts I don't like! When listening to FM stations the sound muffles in and out as if someone is turning the treble way down and then way back up and I cannot figure out a way to stop this. It does have a local for the FM band but either setting local or not, it does not fix the problem. Next, the USB playing MP3's works fine there is a search feature which is quite confusing but while playing the USBs if you want to see the clock you have to push the display button seven times. When that track or MP3 is finished it goes back to the track title display, and then you have to push the button seven times again to see the clock. If you do stream Bluetooth from your phone which is one of the main reasons I bought the phone the only thing on the display is a AV Stream, that's all and you cannot even go to the clock. It doesn't matter what button you push it will not display the clock when you are streaming Bluetooth. Next, I wanted to have my friend pair his phone to the stereo so I unpaired my phone and the display was stuck on the AV Stream and would not allow him to pair his phone. I have to go into the settings manually turn off Bluetooth then turn it back on and he was able to pair his phone with Bluetooth. I repeated that process 3 times and could not get it to unpair his phone then pair my phone without having to manually go in and turn Bluetooth off and then back on. Whether I can find my receipt or not it is getting taken back! I will spend the extra $30 or pay full price for a new stereo in the very near future. Probably a lower end Pioneer that actually has Bluetooth capabilities because that is the main feature I want. To some things up the blue display Lighting on the stereo is rudely bright and is not dimmable.

Reply to
🐈 Guy

Have one in my old Ranger. For a CHEAP stereo, it's not bad to my tin ears.

Reply to
clare

I have a Dual direct drive turn table hooked up to a Kenwood receiver....the sound is awesome

Reply to
berserkerdave62

The dual car stereo isn't quite a dual turntable, but pretty decent for the price, for sure. I was happy with mine.

Reply to
Clare Snyder