"Dual" brand Car Stereo (any good)?

Page 2 of 2
On 10/5/2016 1:51 PM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

I suggest that you look at www.crutchfield.com and then give them a ring if you've more questions. They can help you get the installation options, if any, that you'll need. They are a pleasure to deal with.
snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote on 10/5/2016 :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Namsung_electronics
On Wed, 05 Oct 2016 16:51:43 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

I put a Dual in my '96 Ranger a couple years ago and have been VERY satisfied. No idea what kind of warrany - but if it works what good is the warranty? And for what I paid for it - and what it would cost to ship it to the repair depot - I'd likely just replace it again. I paid about $50 canadian including a pair of decent speekers I didn't need or use.

You WILL need the DIN adapter kit to install it - and the "power adapter" is just a set of plugs to fit the OEM harness - you splice the wires from the dual's plugs to the "adapter" plug. - and yes, the USB plug is capable of charging a cell phone (5 volts 1.5 amp?)
On Wed, 05 Oct 2016 23:31:51 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

That's a good recommendation.....

I'm not sure where to buy the DIN adaptor. Walmart has them for Chrysler, but they dont mention Plymouth in the description on the package. Just Dodge and Chrysler as well as Jeep.
This stereo is thinner than the factory radio. I'll probably end up cutting some pieces of plywood the size of the hole, screwing the plywood to the dash, and slipping the radio in between this plywood and shooting in a few screws. It wont be pretty, but as long as it works. If I ever sell the car, I'll probably remove the stereo and put the factory one back. Most people dont like buying something that's hacked up, and will pay more for the car with the factory radio even if it dont work well.
As for the wiring, you're saying I need a plug to fit the factory plug, and will need to wire that plug to the wires in the back of the stereo, RIGHT? I thought they made special adaptors that will fit any stereo to any car. But splicing wires is fine with me. I just need to find a place to buy the right plug. Ebay I suppose will have it.
On Thursday, October 6, 2016 at 12:29:59 AM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

Someone suggested Crutchfield. They've been around for 40 years, selling car stereos and similar and are a good source of info, ie what fits what and how to get it in.
On Wed, 05 Oct 2016 23:26:18 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

Thats because a plymouth doesn't exixt any more and was virtually identical to the Dodge anyway.. Buy the kit for the Dodge Caravan of the same year - I believe it was the same kit for the Chrysler Town and Country and half the rest of Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth products of the same era.. I just did some checking and ALL chrysler radios from 1985 to 2000 are physically interchangeable - and virtually all are also plug compatible - so buy the mounting kit and wiring kit listed for a 1996 grand caravan and go for it!!!!
Don't believe me? Go to http://www.allpar.com/stereo/head-units/ and check for yourself....