Drywalling Question

Going to be drywalling a few rooms in my basement. I don't want to spend the money on a drywall Gun. Is there an attachment that you can put on a regular drill that achieves the same thing?
Thanks,
--
Steve

$2 drywall bit will do.
Like this one? http://www.tools-plus.com/irw351064.html
--
Steve

"Mike" < snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com> wrote in message
Or the one with the built in clutch release? http://www.boschtools.com/accessories/accessories-detail.htm?H 6543&GU212
--
Steve
"Mike" < snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com> wrote in message

This is the one I have. Works awesome. Home Depot has them.
Spend the money on the drywall gun.
I picked up a Dewalt from HD for around $60. The drywall bit for a normal drill was almost half that, looked like it might last one job if I was lucky, and lacked the depth adjustment.
And don't run a drywall screw through your finger. It hurts.
-rev
SteveC wrote:

If your paying $30 per drywall bit then I have some swamp land, perfect to build on, available for sale!

A lot?

Whaaaaa???? They cost about $2. I wouldn't buy a gun for one job, that's weird.

Go to: http://www.homedepot.com
Search for "drywall dimpler"
and/or "drywall setter"
Morvin Stayner wrote:

Second this suggestion. It's like $5 for a bag of four I think and they work very well in an ordinary cordless drill / driver after a minute of practice. I sheetrocked my 20'x32' shop with them with no issues.
Pete C.

Third that suggestion for occasional projects of reasonable size.

Not sure what a few rooms is. A basement I had once had one room...but it was 1300 sf.
Morvin Stayner wrote:

Or
Lowes http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId7903-353-D60498
--
Bill
in Hamptonburgh, NY

No, but you really don't need it. Get a drywall bit to help.
SteveC wrote:

Yes, there is. I have seen two models, a fancy magnetic attachment that seems a little prone to breaking down - runs for about $25CDN or an inexpensive plain drywall bit for about $3CDN. I believe they are both available at Home Depot, so there is a good chance they are available pretty much everywhere.
Carolyn
--
Carolyn Marenger