Drying time instructions has me confused for Behr Texture Paint

I just finished texturing my kitchen with Behr Texture paint. Now I want to put on a topcoat but do not understand the instructions below. It says it takes 2 hour to dry to touch and 1 week to fully cure. Do I need to wait the full week? Please clarify.

Application For Smooth and Sand Finishes * Use product when the surface and air temperatures are between 50=B0 - 90=B0F (10=B0-32=B0C). * Stir occasionally. Coverage is 100-200 sq. ft. per two-gallon container depending on application technique and surface condition. * Try your technique on a practice board before applying to walls. * Work in 4'x 4' areas, apply product using a looped roller. * While the product is wet, create your final design using a looped texture roller, sponge, putty knife, trowel, broom or short nap roller. * Topcoat with BEHR PREMIUM PLUS Paint if a color change is desired or for additional protection.

Dry Time * Dries to touch in two hours at 75=B0F (23=B0C) and 50% humidity. Longer dry time required in cooler temperatures and in higher humidity.=20 * Surface will fully cure in one week.

Reply to
Aaron

From Behr's website, specifically the decorative topcoat instructions

------------ How Do I Prepare The Surface? Allow to dry completely according to label instructions. Wipe all surfaces being topcoated with a damp cloth to remove any dirt or dust. On previously stained wood surfaces, where the surface topcoat is in good condition, thoroughly clean with a heavy duty industrial cleaner or wax remover. Allow to dry then sand with fine grit sandpaper. DO NOT USE STEEL WOOL. Wipe with a damp cloth

bullet one seems to indicate that you're gonna have to wait a week to apply it.

From the same website but this time from the Sandwash instructions

---------- If applying in high traffic or high moisture areas, use BEHR CRYSTAL CLEAR WATER-BASED POLYURETHANE. Apply this product after the SANDWASH finish has cured 7 days. This will darken the tone and/or color of the SANDWASH finish.

That pretty much sounds like your answer right there.

Reply to
kzinNOSPAM99