Dryer Vent Problem

My electric dryer is backed up to an outside wall. I am having heck of a time getting a vent to seal tightly. When the dryer is in place, the vent outlet almost touches the outside wall. I'm thinking I may have to attach a 6" vent pipe to the dryer and then push the dryer in place while guiding the pipe through the wall. Then I would need to put the flapper on the pipe sticking through the wall.
Is there an easier way? Is there some sort of wall mounted receptacle that allows the dryer to be push up to it without having to physically connect a vent pipe?
mcp6453 wrote:

In one house I aligned the exhaust outlet precisely from the dryer outlet (was remodeling at the time so it was no additional effort) and used a straight section of rigid duct. Took a little maneuvering to get it on, but doable. (Never had to deal w/ issue of a different dryer... :) )

re: "I'm thinking I may have to attach a 6" vent pipe to the dryer and then push the dryer in place while guiding the pipe through the wall. Then I would need to put the flapper on the pipe sticking through the wall."
What's wrong with this solution?
If things actually line up as you say, this seems perfectly reasonable.
DerbyDad03 wrote:

Sounds fine to me. I did one that way. Then caulked around the pipe outside and put on a three blade flapper.
My current one is 4 inches from the wall (basement) I'm not gonna knock a hole in the basement wall for that.

Installation usually goes well with precision location of the wall duct. Center the rear dryer leveling screws to determine the height off the floor where the new duct must be. Install duct/flapper, etc., with a slight slope downward to the outside. If you've done it right, a short piece of well crimped duct fastened to the dryer outlet will slide right in place, Some fiddling with leveling screws might be needed. You're smart to have the dryer vent that way and not compromise performance with a convoluted long duct run.
Joe

Yes. In new construction they frequently use a recessed box with the wall portion of the rigid vent pipe dropping from the top of the recess. When you metal flex vent, there's enough room to back the dryer up after it's connected.
Might try one of these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/SEARS-PERISCOPE-VENT-0---5%22-NEW-IN-BOX-FREE-SHIPPING_W0QQitemZ370099655346QQcmdZViewItem
Our drier is stacked on the front-load washer and is about 6" from the side wall of our laundry room. I didn't want to try and leave space for full thickness elbow and this seems to do the trick.