Dryer puller assembly, Whirlpool electric, Question??

Many years ago on this very group I learned all about dryer pulleys and how to replace them.

Have done about three or four for friends and family.

Current dryer pulley is noisy. Wife is being noisy about it.

As far as I know, if it still works, I got no reason to fix it yet, right. In other words, leaving to work, albeit a bit noisy, it doesn't hurt anything, right??.

Trying to get past a rough patch of finances for the next month or two, if anything....

Reply to
timbirr

We understand tight finances, but the whole kit (rollers, belt, tensioner) is only about $30. If the tensioner seizes up on you, the motor will burn up the belt and you'll smell burning rubber.

Try oiling the tensioner to get you by this rough patch. Not a long term fix (oil attracts lint), but will probably work.

Reply to
Rick-Meister

Lube with spray silicone (doesn't stick to dust), or powdered graphite (same deal). I've worked on dryers that were so noisy, as to drive you out of the house.

Noisy means friction, or wobbling of some kind. Since you can take dryers apart, it's a good idea to treat the symptom.

If you decide to go with oil, one or two drops of 10W30 will buy you some time. WD-40, not worth your trouble. That and sewing machine or three in one, dries upp quickly.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I don't find that silly spray has any lasting qualities...my choice would be Tri-Flo (teflon/oil) or regular oil (as you said).

Reply to
pheeh.zero