Dryer problem

Recently the belt on my 7 year old Magic Chef dryer came off the idler pulley.. I put it back on, but a couple of loads later it was off again. I replaced the belt and idler pulley, and while I was at it, replaced the flexible vinyl duct for the vent with a flexible metal duct. Now the belt stays on fine, but the dryer overheats and shuts down from time to time, then works fine after cooling. Air flow out the vent on the roof feels the same as always. What did I do wrong?? TIA for any help. Dave

Hi,
Model#? http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html Some model# helps.

Possibly nothing. Possible the motor is overheating and shutting down on it's built in safety device. Do make sure nothing is holding the motor back from running properly ( rollers, glides, ect ).

Do make sure this didn't get kinked when pushing the dryer back into it's spot.