Dryer noise

My dryer is making a clicking sound like a coin is loose and tumbling but nothing is inside?
There's nothing stuck when I open the door and it's never made this noise before. I can not find anything that could be making this noise. There are two vents in the back but I can not find a way to access the vents.
Kenmore ~yr.2003 Heavy Duty - Extra Large Capacity - Front Load - 852-8565
------------------------------------- ("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._ `6_ 6 ) `-. ( ).`-.__.`) (_Y_.)' ._ ) `._ `. ``-..-' _..`--'_..-_/ /--'_.' ,' (il).-'' (li).' ((!.-'
- Natalie O'Neal = "There is no spoon"
message

Is the noise random or steady?
If steady, it is probably the drive system. Like a belt going bad or a rubber support roller that has a flat spot, etc. Some amount of disassembly is required to diagnose and repair.
natalie snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

The dryer tub has holes to let in the hot air. Could be something small fell through a hole (a B-B, button, nipple piercing stud, etc.). You may have to live with the sound forever (or disassemble the dryer to remove the object).
On 7/2/2011 8:39 AM, HeyBub wrote:

the drum has holes in it? That'd be odd.
--
Steve Barker

It's got to have some openings to let the hot air in and the damp hot air out. The holes are usually in the back of the drum.
On 7/1/2011 20:48, natalie snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

You could have a coin trapped under one of the plastic drum vanes. Take off the front or top to gain access to the outside of the drum and remove the screws holding the vane in place.