Drop Home

This is supposed to be temporary housing for elderly parents etc. http://tinyurl.com/o8csewb I haven't read through it yet but don't see much of a market for it offhand.

On 07/09/2015 08:02 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:

Not when you can buy a decent 35' fifth wheel cheap.

Look at the handholds on the ladder. Some are only 3 feet high. So anyone can use them.
On 07/09/2015 09:02 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:

Handicapped accessible, yet showing a wooden ladder going up to a loft?

Presumably, the 60 year old kids would fetch the stuff upstairs for the elder parents. I know nothing about zoning laws. Would the neighbors be impressed?

On Fri, 10 Jul 2015 07:03:47 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster

That's for the butler and maid to get to their room.

The FAQ said it varied whether there woudl be a problem, that they would help out (to the extent they can). Well, this is exactly what they said.
"Because Drop Homes are not permanent structures, there are currently not zoned as a house. Being on a mobile frame, they are qualified as RV’s. Off highway parking laws may state that living in an RV on your property is illegal, however, this information changes city by city.
NextDoor will assist in obtaining any interim use permits or other qualifications needed for your loved on to use our service."
I'm sure they will help because they want to make the sale.
Prices start at 1500/month to rent and 50,000 to buy, which means the break even on that is something not too far over 34 months, depending on the interest rate.

On 7/10/2015 7:04 AM, philo wrote:

Sure. The loft is more of an extra space for storage. The living portion is fully accessible, like the kitchen, shower, bedroom.
On Thu, 09 Jul 2015 21:02:55 -0500, "Dean Hoffman"

Expensive, but for someone who only has 3 or 6 months to live, and there's no space in the house, it could be the right choice.
I'm not sure what diseases are like that, but I think there are some.