Drain Pipe Burial

Could never do a Dry Well here where I live, we have a high ground water, any hole deeper than 2 feet will fill with water in the springtime, so any dry well will become a wet well with no room for runoff. My sump pump and roof all drain into a culvert that runs to the street ditch. I have done it for over 30 years and other houses have done it for years longer. Town doesn't care, in fact they said that if/when they install storm drains, they will divert my culvert drain into their storm drain to remove the excess water.
Bob,
I'm in Garden City so I have both village and town to keep happy. Right now the village is extremely concerned over ground water contamination. The last time I asked the village engineering department, they wanted me to dump the water into the storm drains rather than into the ground. I'm heading down there to get some other permit information, I'll ask them again about where I can dump the rain water.
Bernie

The Incorporated Village of Garden City's code is available online: http://www.ecode360.com/?custId=GA0634 as is the Town of Hempstead's: http://ecode360.com/?custId=HE0972
Bernie,

I live in Washington state, so I don't know the particulars relating to drain lines and frost depth. Our frost depth is only about 12", though realistically it has never been cold enough, long enough, here for me to see that in practice.
Our property is on a hill, but because of the topography there are some areas (like the driveway in front of our garage) where natural slope for drainage is not an option. So, I installed three runs of solid 4" PVC drain lines. One is dedicated solely to our driveway, one picks up the gutters from our garage and back of the house, and the third picks up the gutters on the side and front of our house.
The first key issue is to ensure wherever the drain exits (to daylight in our case) is on your own property. You don't want to dump all the water from your roof into your neighbors yard!
As for depth, I started at the high spot and maintained a 1/4" per foot slope till I reached daylight on the side of the hill. At the shallowest spot at the top of the hill I'm maybe 12" down, but in some places I had to dig down three feet and tunnel under roots and around massive boulders to maintain the proper slope.
We installed our drainage system about 4-5 years ago and have not had any issues with clogs. I have grates over the outlets to prevent mice and other critters from nesting in the pipes, and screens/filters on the gutters to keep leaves and other debris from entering the system. Some pine needles work their way through, but so far no issues.
Anthony